1) “What are the percentages of the tax credit reserved for investments in SEZs?”
For companies in Abruzzo, the tax credit is attributed to the maximum extent of:
- 30% for small businesses
- 20% for medium-sized enterprises
- 10% for large companies
2) “Does the purchase of a property fall into the category of eligible investments in the SEZ areas?”
Yes, with the D.L. 77/2021, the tax credit for investments made in the SEZs was also recognized for the purchase of properties used for investments.
3) To benefit the advantages of the SEZ, the company must have its registered office in the SEZ area, or is the presence of a company production site sufficient?
To take advantage of the benefits reserved for companies that insist on SEZ areas, the presence of a production site will be sufficient.
4) If the company has its registered office in a SEZ area, do all the production sites can benefit from it, even those that are not located in the SEZ areas?
No, the advantages are reserved only for the company’s production sites that are located in the SEZ areas.
5) Where does a company can check which cadastral parcels are included in the SEZ?
On this site, in the ‘Municipalities and areas’ section, there is a downloadable map with all the SEZ areas of the Region, otherwise on the Abruzzo Region or the Cohesion Territorial Agency website.
6) How long can my company in the SEZ area benefit from the 50% reduction in income tax?
Pursuant to art. 1, paragraph 173 of Law 178/2020 (Budget Law 2021), the benefit operates from the tax period in which the new business was undertaken and for the six subsequent tax periods.
7) What is the maximum investment limit for the purposes of applying the tax credit for investments?
For the purposes of applying the tax credit, the maximum investment limit is 100 million euros for each investment project.
8) Can the tax credit be combined with de minimis aid and with other state aid having as object the same costs admitted to the benefit?
Yes, the tax credit can be combined with de minimis aid and with other State aid having the same costs as eligible for the benefit, provided that such accumulation does not lead to the intensity or amount being exceeded aid levels allowed by the relevant European reference disciplines.
In particular, the accumulation must always respect the maximum limit set by the percentages due to enterprises in Abruzzo, which are: 30% small enterprises, 20% medium enterprises and 10% large enterprises.
9) How can I apply for the tax credit?
To take advantage of the tax credit, a specific form must be submitted to the Revenue Agency, using the downloadable version both on this site and on the Revenue Agency site, in which the investment data must be indicated tax credit and the tax credit for which authorization for use is required.
10) For what type of investments can the concessions be requested?
Aid can be granted to SMALL and MEDIUM ENTERPRISES for any form of initial investment. By initial investment we mean either the investment in tangible and intangible assets relating to one or more of the following activities:
- the creation of a new factory
- the expansion of the capacity of an existing plant
- the diversification of the production of a factory to obtain products never previously manufactured
- fundamental change in the overall production process of an existing factory
or the acquisition of assets belonging to an establishment that has been closed or that would have been closed in the absence of an acquisition, provided that it is purchased by an investor who has no relationship with the seller. The simple acquisition of shares in a company is not considered an initial investment.
11) For what type of investments can the aid be granted to LARGE COMPANIES?
Aid to large companies can only be granted for an initial investment in favor of a new economic activity in the area concerned. An initial investment for the creation of a new economic activity means either an investment in tangible and intangible assets relating to one or more of the following assets:
- the creation of a new factory
- the diversification of the activity of an establishment, provided that the new activity is not the same or similar to that previously carried out in the same establishment,
or the acquisition of assets belonging to an establishment that has closed or that would have closed in the absence of the acquisition, provided that the new activity that will be carried out using the acquired assets is not the same or similar to that carried out in the establishment before the acquisition. The simple acquisition of shares in a company is not considered an initial investment for the creation of a new economic activity.
12) Are wage costs included among those eligible?
Yes, as long as they relate to the jobs created as a result of an initial investment, calculated over two years.